Join the group
Basic Requirements for T/A- IMSA Group
1. The car must have been constructed and 1st run during the time period of 1980 through 1991 in either the SCCA Trans-am series or IMSA’s GTO class.
2. The car must have run a minimum of four races at four different tracks in a one year period. It can overlap between 2 race seasons. The car can have run in both series. A DNF does count toward the four races.
3. The body work and graphics should be as first raced or the car can be restored to it’s most significant point in time as long as it is during the time period for the group. All graphics on the car need to be period correct.
4. Drivetrain needs to be as first raced or as run at it’s most significant point in time. It is possible that cars might have had different engine configurations even during the same season, example change between V-6 to V-8.
5. The car must be correct weight for the year and drivetrain configuration to which it is restored. The engine size was a factor used to determine weight in both series.
6. Brakes, wheel width and diameter must be correct to the rules of the year the car is restored.
7. It must present well. It needs to be run as it was, not enhanced with newer technology.